- About WVSC
- Our Services
- Contact us
Wolverhampton Voluntary Sector Council exists to support the development and sustainability of an effective voluntary and community sector, promoting the principle and practice of voluntary and community activity, in order to facilitate the development of diverse, strong communities and to enhance quality of life within the City of Wolverhampton.
WVSC will work to achieve its Mission through addressing the following aims:
- To facilitate the participation of voluntary organisations and community groups as equal partners in multi-agency partnership working and in the development of policy and strategy for the City of Wolverhampton
- To support the improvement of the capacity and quality of voluntary organisations and community groups
- To encourage and enable local voluntary organisations and community groups to widen their access to information, practical support services and facilities
- To facilitate liaison and collaboration within the voluntary and community sector and between the voluntary, public and private sectors
- To support voluntary organisations and community groups to identify and prioritise the needs of their target communities and to assist them in developing appropriate responses
- To support the voluntary and community sector in Wolverhampton to clarify and present its views to government at local, sub-regional, regional and national levels
Target Groups And Location
WVSC will primarily work with new and existing voluntary organisations and community groups in Wolverhampton and the surrounding areas with a priority given to those working with the socially disadvantaged and isolated. In addition, WVSC will take appropriate steps to ensure that its services and activities are targeted at and accessible to those voluntary organisations and community groups that work with the socially disadvantaged and isolated.