- About WVSC
- Our Services
- Contact us
You're in the 'Accountancy services' department.
There may be other pages from this department - check the block on the left.
Need a lifeline in the cruel sea of voluntary sector accounts?...
This service is led by John Higson, a qualified Accountant with a good knowledge of the voluntary sector and its special characteristics. He is helped by Chloe Parkins, an Accounting Technician.
They can help with:
- How best to record your organisation’s financial transactions, assisting you to choose and use a method most suited to your skills, experience and resources. This will be of special interest to new and emerging organisations.
- How to present your accounts to official bodies such as the Charity Commission or a funder.
- Advice on common technical subjects such as VAT and payroll.
- More complex matters such as Full Cost Recovery.
- A regular service keeping your books.
- Preparation of your year end accounts.
- Provision of the independent examination or accountant’s report of your year end accounts.
- How to work out your budget and cash flow and how to keep them under control.
- The financial aspects of funding applications.
The aim is to give you the skills and confidence to at least maintain your own books, move on to preparing your own monthly management reports and even, if you want to, prepare your annual accounts.
Most things will be dealt with through one to one meetings, normally held at your organisation’s offices and at a time to suit you. Formal training sessions will be offered to cover subjects of general interest.
Advice and capacity building work is free of charge for voluntary and community organisations within Wolverhampton.
The provision of regular services, year end accounts preparation and accounts examination will be subject to negotiable charges.
Tel: 01902 328982
Community Accounting Assistant:
Tel: 01902 328982
WVSC also offers a payroll service to Voluntary and Community groups in Wolverhampton.