Faith-Based Organisations Engagement | Wolverhampton Voluntary Sector Council
Faith-based organisations engagement work is funded by the Adult’s and Children’s Safeguarding Board, initially for 9 months, with potential to extend for a further 9 months.
The work is supported by a partnership of organisations including: Wolverhampton City Council, West Midlands Police, Interfaith Wolverhampton and WVSC in order to sustain engagement beyond this period.
What is faith-based organisations engagement?
The aim of the faith engagement work is to develop contacts and relationships with faith groups in the city (particularly those that are not part of national networks) in order to raise the profile of the work they do and support them to play an increasingly joined-up role in the support they offer to local people.
There are a number of ways Faith organisations can participate FREE of charge:
- Be part of the Faith Covenant and get your organisation on the Faith Map
- Access FREE NSPCC training (keeping children and young people safe online) delivered at your venue for parents and volunteers/workers who work with children & young people.
- Access free online training – Safeguarding, managing conflicts and much more.
- Access other FREE training and take part in networking events.
- Sign up for WVSC’s fortnightly newsletter, featuring the latest funding, events, job vacancies, community news, and training opportunities. Third Sector Organisations can advertise events and job vacancies for FREE! Please contact our Communications Officer for further details.
- Get your organisation on the internet and advertise the wonderful work and services you offer FREE of charge through Wolverhampton Information Network (WIN) www.wolverhampton.gov.uk/win
For more information, please contact Pavitter Mainn on 07538105780 or email@example.com.