The Asda Foundation is committed to developing stronger, better connected, sustainable communities across the UK.
The Significant Local Community Projects programme allows colleagues to nominate initiatives which will make a real long-term difference, benefiting the wider community and transforming communities to improve lives locally.
Awards are typically made to projects where:
- The charity or good cause has developed a relationship with local the local store or home office at a grassroots level
- The work will tackle the underlying problems in the local community
- Community needs and aspirations are evident in the development of the project
- The project benefits the wider community not just a single user group
- There is a need for this facility locally
- It will make a real long-term difference and will transform the community, improving the lives of those who live there
Grants awarded have previously ranged from £2,600 – £32,000 (in 2017) although no minimum or maximum amounts are published.
Any charity/good cause wishing to apply should first approach their local store or home office to see if their project is something that the Community Champion would be willing to support.
Applications can be submitted at any time.