Rural and urban communities that wish to take over the ownership of their failing local pub can apply for loan and grant funding as well as business development support through the £2.2 million “More than a Pub” programme.
This is the 2nd phase of the programme which supported 190 communities and saw 28 pubs open their doors under community ownership from 2016 to 2019. The programme is run by the Plunkett Foundation and supported by Power to Change.
The programme offers a wide range of support for groups who wish to take ownership of their local pub and run it for the benefit of their local community:
- Action planning
- Learning, events and peer networking
- Bursary funding of up to £2,500
- Business development advice
- Loan and grant combined funding package of up to £100,000
In order to qualify for support through the More than a Pub programme, applicants must be based in England and:
- Want to take ownership of a pub
- Want to open and run a community pub
- Be incorporated or intend to incorporate
- Have a charitable purpose
- Be for the benefit of the public
- Address local needs
- Trade for the benefit of the community
- Run democratically
- Have local support and investors
The programme will remain open for applications until September 2020.
Organisations that meet the programme criteria, please complete the enquiry form.
Alternatively, potential applicants can call the programme advice line on 01993 810730 for further information.