‘One You’ Brisk Walking group leader
✓ A good listener
✓ willing to learn new skills
✓ able to motivate others
✓ motivated about your own health and well-being
We have an exciting opportunity for the right candidate.
You will enable people in the community to get more active by regular brisk walking leading to jogging. If you are passionate about helping people to enjoy being active, then please apply!
Successful candidates will be given free training in return for delivery of a minimum of two 12-week programmes for inactive people living in Wolverhampton.
What you will do:
• Provide a safe and enjoyable brisk walking experience for adults of any ability, size or shape
• Plan and organise sessions with suitable routes, for groups of up to 12 people using England Athletics ‘RunTogether’ online portal
• Deliver a safe and fun warm up and a cool down, including a demonstration and supervision of effective stretching
• Help participants to set and achieve goals using the ‘Active 10’ brisk walking app
• Adhere to essential health and safety when leading the group
• Undertake any other duties that may be necessary, for the safety and security of group participants
• Have access to a mobile phone for emergency use during sessions and have connectivity to the internet.
• This role could be voluntary or you could decide to charge participants a nominal fee.
Hours of work are flexible to suit the candidate and participants.
Training will be provided free of charge. You will complete:
• an England Athletics Leadership in Running Fitness qualification
• a First Aid qualification
• a DBS check
• Enhance your CV
• Gain qualifications and get a license to deliver in the community
• Meet new people and develop your communication skills
• Potentially develop your own business
Fore more information, please contact PublicHealth@wolverhampton.gov.uk.