X2Y LGBT Youth Group supports lesbian, gay, bi, trans and questioning (LGBTQ+) young people in Wolverhampton and the Black Country
X2Y LGBT Youth Group has recently tried to recruit a Project Manager for a part time (0.5) six-month post. Unfortunately, we have put this out to advert twice and not managed to recruit a suitable candidate.
Our Plan B is to see if any organisations in Wolverhampton or the Black Country would be able to second a member of staff with the appropriate skills to X2Y for six months. We are aware that, in the current difficult circumstances, many people’s jobs are at risk and/or people’s hours may be being cut. As a result, it might be useful for an organisation not to pay half of someone’s salary for six months, as well as being helpful for us.
The funding we have earmarked for this is NJC scale point 27, which is £30,507 pro rata (£7,627 for a 0.5 post for 6 months).
We can be flexible about the terms and conditions of the secondment, for example:
- If someone is normally paid more than that we could adjust the number of hours, e.g. 2 days per week instead of 2.5
- We could divide the role between 2 people with different skills if that works better
- We could change the timescale, e.g. full-time for 3 months
If you are interested, please contact Ruth Wilson for an informal chat. Email firstname.lastname@example.org or ring her on 07968 448293.
Please see the original job advert below:
X2Y is seeking a Project Manager
Part-time (0.5) for 6 months
NJC scale SO point 27 (£30,507 pro rata)
The successful applicant for this post will be someone who:
- has the appropriate knowledge, skills and experience to manage a sixmonth project aimed at redesigning our services and building future sustainability
- is able to draw up a detailed project plan which will be co-designed with LGBTQ+ young people
- can design a fundraising strategy, develop a case for support and implement it to ensure future sustainability of the X2Y’s services
- can work with the young people and the X2Y team to co-design and implement a marketing strategy to raise awareness of the services provided by X2Y to reach all of Wolverhampton’s diverse intersectional communities
- has a good understanding of the challenges facing LGBT young people and have the ability to support them to make positive choices, gain confidence and value themselves and others.
X2Y currently operates a drop-in session in Wolverhampton City Centre on a Saturday from 12-3pm as the basis for its support. It also provides telephone, email and social media support for LGBT+ young people, or any young person questioning their sexual orientation or gender identity who gets in touch.
Our plans – X2Y is actively pursuing funding to expand its work and reach out to LGBTQ+ young people from all Wolverhampton’s diverse communities and their
X2Y is committed to safeguarding children, young people and adults at risk of abuse and carries out safer recruitment processes in line with local and national guidance. This post is subject to an enhanced DBS and barred list check.