NCVO membership gives access to a range of benefits including low cost admin fees for DBS checks, and is available free to organisations with an income of under £30,000 and then on a rising scale dependent on annual income.
NCVO have an arrangement with Disclosure Services which gives a 40% reduction on their admin fees for NCVO members.
The cost of a DBS check is made up of two parts:
- The admin fee – charged by the Umbrella Body that an organisation gets DBS check through.
- A fee set by the DBS for the various levels of DBS check
- VOLUNTEERS – No fee from DBS for Standard, or Enhanced checks
- PAID STAFF – Different charges for standard (£23), Enhanced (£40)
- There is no additional charge for Barred List checks for either volunteers or paid staff
- Basic DBS checks cost £23 for both volunteers and paid staff
This means that the current admin fees with Disclosure Services are only:
- £7.20 for volunteers
- £8.60 for pad staff
For information about membership of NCVO and the full range of benefits see:
For details of DBS checks through NCVO’s trusted partner Disclosure Services see:
Other DBS Umbrella bodies can be found at https://www.gov.uk/find-dbs-umbrella-body