Notice of an Extraordinary General Meeting
To be held at 3:00pm on Tuesday 21st June 2022
Notice is hereby given that the directors / trustees of Wolverhampton Voluntary Sector Council (WVSC) are calling an Extraordinary General Meeting at the above date and time for the purpose of considering a change of name of this charitable company following a decision at a meeting of the Board of Directors / Trustees on Wednesday 25th May 2022.
The EGM will be held at 16 Temple Street Wolverhampton WV2 4AN (or another nearby venue if numbers of people wishing to attend exceed the capacity of this venue – all members will be notified of any change of venue in advance of the meeting).
SPECIAL RESOLUTION 21-06-22:
That Wolverhampton Voluntary Sector Council (Company no. 2288239, Charity no. 700910) change its name from Wolverhampton Voluntary Sector Council to Wolverhampton Voluntary and Community Action.
The change of name is being proposed:
- following a review of the work and strategic direction of Wolverhampton Voluntary Sector Council and a refresh of the organisation’s guiding principles.
- in order to:
- update the organisation’s name to better reflect the range of work it carries out.
- avoid the confusion that exists for some people (including employees and volunteers from voluntary and community organisations, and statutory partners) as well as for members of the general public between WVSC and the City of Wolverhampton Council
- re-assert the independence of the organisation
Members can vote in person at the meeting or click here to download a Proxy Notice form to appoint a Proxy to vote on your behalf, and then either:
- download it, complete by typing directly into the form, save it to your device and then email as an attachment to firstname.lastname@example.org
- print it, complete it by hand and then post to WVSC, 16 Temple Street, Wolverhampton, WV2 4AN
- print it, complete it by hand, scan the completed form, and email as an attachment to email@example.com
The Proxy must be a representative of another WVSC member organisation attending the meeting, or the meeting chairperson (Steve Clay) – see Proxy Notice form for more information.
Am I a member?
Our membership consists of all voluntary and community organisations based in Wolverhampton and working with Wolverhampton residents.
Ian Darch (Company Secretary)