Social Enterprise Wolverhampton (SEW) - Wolverhampton Voluntary Sector Council
WVSC has launched an exciting new project in September 2018 – Social Enterprise Wolverhampton (SEW).
Check out our latest blog posts here.
New: Follow us on Twitter @SEW_2018
The project aims to strengthen and sustain the voluntary, community and social enterprise (VCSE) sector in Wolverhampton, including not for profit organisations/groups and charities, to ensure that social enterprise can grow and thrive.
Over the next 12 months, we will be running a series of workshops across the city where you can find out not only how to develop your social enterprise to take it to the next level, but also to attract social investment alongside business mentoring and peer support.
We aim to ensure that social investment in Wolverhampton reaches the people and local organisations who most need it, who have the biggest potential and who otherwise would be unknown to investors.
The key aims of the project are to:
- Raise awareness of social enterprise and social investment
- Build on local knowledge and skills
- Grow local VCSEs in terms of income generation and turnover
- Increase the level of social investment into Wolverhampton
In addition, we are developing a dedicated Social Enterprise Wolverhampton (SEW) website page where you can:
- Access the latest information and training resources
- Find out more about social investment and other social enterprises
- Sign up to social investment events
- Contact us to register interest for investment readiness one-to-one support and/or peer support
We will have dedicated social media accounts where we will be sharing opportunities and the work as it progresses.
For more information, please contact Sharon Nanan-Sen, Social Enterprise and Investment Adviser
on email@example.com or 01902 773 761.