Supporting Faith Groups | Wolverhampton Voluntary Sector Council
Supporting Faith Groups
Faith groups are a vital, vibrant and essential part of Wolverhampton’s voluntary and community sector and WVSC is keen to build relationships with, provide support to the 260+ faith organisations in the city, raise the profile of the work they do and support them to play an increasingly joined-up role in the support they offer to local people.
This work builds on a close working relationship with InterFaith Wolverhampton and collaboration with strategic partnerships in the city. To achieve the above aims, we have successfully championed the need for a specific resource to link with faith groups in the city, and WVSC now employs a faith engagement worker (currently funded by Wolverhampton Safeguarding Boards) to:
- identify and map faith groups in the city
- establish contact details for each group
- make contact with all faith groups
- build relationships with as many as possible
- raise awareness of safeguarding responsibilities and the support available to help meet them including: information, direct support and networking opportunities
- connect faith groups to a range of other strategic developments and activity that faith groups might like to support, contribute to and / or benefit from
- promote the city’s Faith Covenant
This work is endorsed by a range of partnership of organisations including: Wolverhampton City Council, West Midlands Police, Interfaith Wolverhampton, Wolverhampton Safeguarding Boards, Public Health, Wolverhampton Health & Wellbeing Together, and Safer Wolverhampton Partnership.
Support available to faith-based organisations
Faith groups can receive FREE of charge support and opportunities:
- All / any of WVSC’s core support offer to voluntary and community organisations in the city including: enhancing governance arrangements; seeking and securing funding; safeguarding; developing policies and procedures; finance management; marketing and promotion; starting up / registering new projects, companies, CICs or charities; outcomes and business planning; commissioning and procurement; collaborating with others to apply for, and deliver collaborative services; regular fortnightly information updates; and the opportunity to represent the voluntary and community sector on strategic partnerships.
- Specific faith group focused support to review and enhance safeguarding policies and procedures
- Support to access FREE safeguarding training (online basic awareness raising, introductory safeguarding training, and multi-agency safeguarding training)
- Support for Named Safeguarding Leads in faith groups
- Access to Wolverhampton’s Safeguarding in Faith Network events
- A place on the Wolverhampton Faith Map
- Support to get registered with Wolverhampton Information Network (WIN) – Get your organisation on the internet and advertise the wonderful work and services you offer for FREE of charge through wolverhampton.gov.uk/win
For more information, please contact Pavitter Mainn on 07538105780 or firstname.lastname@example.org