Supporting Faith Groups - Wolverhampton Voluntary Sector Council
Supporting Faith Groups
Faith groups are a vital, vibrant and essential part of Wolverhampton’s voluntary and community sector and WVSC is keen to build relationships with, provide support to the 260+ faith organisations in the city, raise the profile of the work they do and support them to play an increasingly joined-up role in the support they offer to local people.
This work builds on a close working relationship with InterFaith Wolverhampton and collaboration with strategic partnerships in the city. To achieve the above aims, we have successfully championed the need for a specific resource to link with faith groups in the city, and WVSC now employs a faith engagement worker (currently funded by Wolverhampton Safeguarding Boards Partnership) to:
- identify and map faith groups in the city
- establish contact details for each group
- make contact with all faith groups
- build relationships with as many as possible
- raise awareness of safeguarding responsibilities and the support available to help meet them including: information, direct support and networking opportunities
- connect faith groups to a range of other strategic developments and activity that faith groups might like to support, contribute to and / or benefit from
- promote the city’s Faith Covenant
This work is endorsed by a range of partnership of organisations including: Wolverhampton City Council, West Midlands Police, Interfaith Wolverhampton, Wolverhampton Safeguarding Boards, Public Health, Wolverhampton Health & Wellbeing Together, and Safer Wolverhampton Partnership.
For more information, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.